Monday, July 12, 2004

Hrecommended: Artist's Collectives

During my most recent visit to Raleigh, NC, I stumbled across the ArtSpace. ArtSpace is an artist's incubator. It is an attempt to nurture artists by creating an inexpensive space for a gallery, marketing, work areas, exhibit space and collaboration. When I returned to Ann Arbor, I looked around for similar places here. After several months, I backed in to the one used by artist Mark Wolak. Mark has been featured on locally produced Art Beat and is an alumni of University of Michigan's Prison Creative Arts Program. He is now working out of 4731 Studios, an incubator in Detroit at 4731 Grand River Ave. After finding 4731, I found the 555 Gallery artist's collective and Grand River Station.

What incubators are in your town?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home