Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Hritz Hrecommended: Pedometers

For the past few years, I've been trying to increase my activity levels by wearing a pedometer to count the number of steps I travel during the day. My last garage sale included a history of some of the models I've used of the years. I started out with an old analog mechanical one and have progressed through several digital read-out units. My current favorite is the New Lifestyles NL-2000. It has a seven day rolling memory and a clock that automatically resets the count each midnight. I follow the current wisdom of focusing on number of steps walked rather than dealing with distances. Even an accurate pedometer has trouble with varying stride lengths and will give only crude estimates of distance covered. I try to go 10,000 steps a day. Lately, I've been closer to 7500 and the scale knows. Don't you think it doesn't...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home