Friday, October 20, 2006

Scoring baseball games

Mets win forcing a game seven
Mets win forcing a game seven,
originally uploaded by jhritz.


In spite of myself, I've been caught up in the possibility that the Tigers may win another World Series title. After more than 20 years, I dusted off my notes on how to score baseball games and have been warming up on the last few post season games between the Cardinals and the Mets. While there are a couple of books available on the subject, there are several good online guides and a wide variety of scorecards to use as well. You just need to decide whether you want to focus on pitchers, batting performance and/or fielding action. I like fielding, so I don't keep track of how many pitches are thrown and the order. Some folks like to record the approximate path of the ball leaving the bat. There is no correct method. Think of it as a way to annotate the game and help you remember cool plays or particulary glaring mistakes in planning or execution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home