Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hramblings: Kosmo Deli Status!

Many Ann Arbor residents are fans of the Kosmo Deli in the Kerrytown area. They closed for remodeling which means that my wife and I are getting our BiBimBap fix elsewhere. Happily they are targeting a March 1 opening. Yayyyyy!

Here's the email from Don Kwon:
Hello fellow Kosmopolitans!

Sorry for replying so late. I can't believe it's already been over a month since we've closed for renovations. We had our setbacks but things are definitely moving along. Plumbing, electricals, framing work and rough inspections were done last week. And now we've moved on to covering everything up with drywall and stainless steel materials. Which should be done by this week.

We've decided to keep the espresso machine despite low volume sales and the opening of SweetWaters thanks to aggressive lobbying by a number of latte fanatics such as Jane. I have no intention of competing with SweetWaters and I think they're an excellent addition to the market but for pure self indulgence I thought it would be somewhat romantic in a way to be preparing and serving coffee at the bar which I plan on brewing world renowned roasted beans such as "illy", and "lavazza".

And to compliment the coffee and food we're adding in a new bakery display case that will hold a variety of desserts like cheesecakes and ding dongs made from "Small World Big Cafe" a few blocks down miller.

We're setting up a computerized POS system to have less miscommunication between the kitchen and service area. And we'll be able to take credit card transactions, finally. That will make a lot of people happy I'm sure.

Menu-wise we're keeping all the good stuff and possibly bring back old favorites such as shrimp tempura and chicken wings. There will be more toppings on the b-bim bop to choose from instead of just getting the standard four bean sprouts, broccoli, carrots and cucumbers.

One big change not everybody's gonna like is the bar countertop. We're replacing the wood top to a stainless steel one. I know a lot of people loved the old wooden one and believe me I did also and in the original plans they were actually going to be wooden. There were many factors taken into consideration in the decision making but the biggest reasons were sanitation, durability, ease of maintenance that came with the materials. Aesthetically speaking.... to be honest I don't know what to expect. I'll have to see it finished myself. I think it's gonna be where people either love it or hate it.

Thank you so much for staying alive without Kosmo food. Kosmo seriously appreciates your love and support. We won't disappoint.

Kosmo coming soon.
BIGGER, BETTER, FASTER and MORE CHUMMINESS!

Will update on opening dates. Right now we're shooting for March 1st.
Definitely a good day to MARCH ON!

umm...The pink note saying "We love you!!" was very noticeable. Thank you Mike, Winnie and Marriane.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Edward Vielmetti said...

I'll be so glad once Kosmo has more space, but I'm also glad they're keeping a lunch counter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home